- On the MAC Audio PC, make sure you are logged in as: Audio - this is an automatic login. If you are unsure simply reboot the system
- Start Usoris viewer found on the desktop and connect with the Dante Utility - if required use password: danteuser
- Open the Network and Sharing Center - short cut found on Dante Utlilty Desktop
- In the Network and Sharing Center only one connection should be listed - .228
- To use the Dante Controller, you need to connect to either the MAC Dante network or RCC Dante network, depending on which Dante network you want to configure * note that on the MAC Audio PC, you already have access to the MAC Dante network through Dante Controller
- On the Dante Utility desktop you will find RCC enable & RCC disable and MAC enable & MAC disable bat files.
- Run the enable bat file for whichever Dante network you want to access - that network will eventually appear in the Network and Sharing Center
- It is important that you do not enable both RCC and MAC networks simultaneously on the Dante Utility - this can cause Dante IP address confusion
- Once you have connected to the required Dante network, open Dante Controller on Dante Utility.
- In the tool bar of Dante Utility's Dante Controller, there is a network icon. Click on the icon and in the network connection pull down selected the Dante network which you just enabled in step 7 and press OK
- You will now have access to the desired Dante network.
- Once you have made the required routing changes, close Dante Controller and run the disable bat file for the Dante network which you had just enabled.
- Once finished, only .228 should be appearing in Dante Utility's Network and Sharing Center.
As per the new licensing agreement between Ryerson University and Adobe, all staff and faculty members of FCAD are now required to use a so called “User-Named-license” on work and home computers. In essence the license will be associated to the end user and not the computer.What does this means to FCAD faculty and staff?
New licensing agreement enables all FCAD staff and faculty members to continue to use Adobe Suite Applications on their work and home computers. However, now you are required to login to the Adobe applications with your Adobe ID on your home/work computers. The initial login will associate the license with your Adobe ID and you are not required to login each time you use an application. Without login with your Adobe ID, you will not be able to use Adobe Suite Applications in your work/home computers.What is an Adobe ID? An Adobe ID is an account you create with Adobe using your Ryerson email address. Adobe Suite license has to be attached to your Adobe ID.
If you have previously used the “Abode Work for Home” version you already have an Adobe ID with license. You can continue to use the same Adobe ID with the new licensing agreement.
If you do not have an Adobe ID associated with your @ryerson.ca email address, then you can create one with your @ryerson.ca email address (firstname.lastname@example.org).
To create your adobe ID go to https://accounts.adobe.com/ and then click on the “Get an adobe ID” link and fill in the appropriate information in the text fields.
- Do not forget to verify the account after you have created the Adobe ID
- Make sure to keep your Adobe ID credentials somewhere safe and secure as you will need them later
Please email email@example.com with following information:
- Full name and Ryerson email address
- Department/School of affiliation
- Office location (room Number)
- Employment type (faculty/Staff)
You will receive an invitation from Adobe which you need to accept to acquire the license. Please refer to Steps 3-5 in the attachment for detailed instructions.CUPE faculty
CUPE faculty members are covered under the new licensing agreement. However, we have a limited number of licenses that can be distributed to CUPE members.
If you are a CUPE member who require to use Adobe apps for work, please contact the program manager or the chair of the school to request a license for you by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with following information.
- Full name and Ryerson email address
- Department/School of affiliation
- Office location (room Number)
- (CUPE) term end date
You will receive an invitation from Adobe which you need to accept to acquire the license. Please refer to Steps 3-5 in the attachment for detailed instructions.
If the applications are already installed, all you need to do is login with your Adobe ID. Please go to Help-> Sign In in any of the Adobe applications.
If you do not have Adobe Creative Suite applications installed you can download and install them using your Adobe ID. Please refer to the attachment for detailed instructions.
As part of new agreement with adobe we are able to provide adobe suites for work on home computers.
Please remember that this agreement is valid untill july 31st for 2016 when Ryerson re-negotiates the agreement. At which time the license may be revoked if this option is not part of the new agreement.
Please note that this is for installation on your home devices and when you install this you will always get the latest version of the Adobe products and that may not be the same version you have on your other devices on campus. (your office computer, laptops, and lab computers)
On campus we do upgrade adobe packages on our imaging cycle, which is every summer in july when Adobe releases its annual upgrades. This is in coordination with CCS that manages other labs on campus and provides us with version compatability campus wide.
Please find attached the installation instruction file for installing this adobe suites on home devices.
Please follow these instructions from CCS for adding your Ryerson email to your iOS device.
Make sure to use your full email address for the username (i.e. email@example.com )
Also make sure to activate your google token (through your my.ryerson.ca portal) and use that google token as your password.
Contact Fcadhelp@ryerson.ca if your still having trouble.
Mac Network connection Problem
This fix is for if your having issues with your network connection on Mac OS where intermittently you lose network connection and have to restart your browser.
You will have to delete a couple of files.
Follow these instructions:
- Library -> Preferences -> system configurations
- Delete NetworkInterfaces.plist and Preferences.plist
After rebooting that should clear up the issue.
How to operate ESKO Kongsberg Cutting table
How to make Flexo plates on ESKO CDI
How to make Flexo plates on Esko CDI
How to load paper on Roland XR640 printer
Manufacturer's user guide for the Studer OnAir 1500 Radio Console.
There is a known issue when printing from Adobe reader or acrobat (from a mac) to the Dell B5465dnf printer whereby it will cause a firmware error (blue screen of death) around the 3rd printed page and cause the printer to reboot.
Printing from other software works fine (preview).
After consulting with Dell tech support about this issue the following settings configuration will resolve this issue:
1. Go to the desired page to be printed
2. Before printing the document, in the print window, go to the advanced tabe located next to the printers name
3. In that window make sure the "Print as Image" checkbox is checked
This should resolve this issue.
To successfully login to Creative Industries Intership site, please the following simple steps:
1. Establish FCAD login credentials
2. Login to the intershiop site using established credentials (user name and password)
Prior to going to intership site, Please log into an FCAD wired computer and change your password as prompted by the system assuming that you never logged in to FCAD.
New password must be 8 or more Alpha-Numeric characters.
Your initial password is the entire 9 digits on your student ID number if you have never logged in to FCAD; unless it is reset and communicated to you by Systems Administrator.
Note: Wired computers can be found in RCC labs such as RCC224 and RCC229
Please see attached PDF for detailed instructions.
Please see the Attached PDF for detailed instructions.
BenQ MH740 Projectors Required Settings following a factory reset (see System Setup below). This is the current recommended approach if
Note: analog audio is disabled at the Bios level on the Dell PC’s in the podiums
In the event of muted audio apply a factory reset using the BenQ remote. Post factory setup the following settings will need to be verified. The most critical item is to disable Auto Power Off. Also, choose English (if prompted) for language after the projector is re-started.
Quick Auto Search = ON
Color Space Conversion = AUTO
SYSTEM SETUP: BASIC: OPERATION SETTINGS
Direct Power = OFF
Signal Power = OFF
Auto Power = Disable (CRITICAL TO SET THIS!)
Quick Cooling = OFF
Instant Restart = OFF
Blank = OFF
Timer = OFF
SYSTEM SETUP: ADVANCED (NOTE THE FACTORY RESET OPTION IS IN THIS MENU UNDER RESET ALL SETTINGS)
Mute = OFF
Volume = 9. Use the Vol +/- buttons on the remote to adjust this
Power on/off Ring = ON
Lamp Mode = Normal
Network = Off
Monitor Out = On
Audio Pass Through = Disabled
Wired Lan = OFF
DMX = ON
When you launch iTunes you will see the library content of SFX server.
In order to ensure the access please do the following:
1) Make sure you are connected to RU-secure wireless
2) when you first click on any sound clip in the iTunes Library it will prompt you for login.
Do the following:
- please login as a registered user with the syntax:
User name: MyRyersonUserid@fcad.ryerson.ca
Unfortunately, as the SnapStream web player is built on NPAPI, this means that we will be unable to provide playback in Chrome through the web player after version 45. The web player will remain compatible with Internet Explorer* in Windows, Safari in Mac OS, and Firefox in both Windows and Mac OS.
The web player will still work in versions 42-44 of Chrome if NPAPI is enabled in the browser settings. See our knowledgebase for more information:
In the future, we will be moving toward providing playback of H.264 content without the use of a browser plugin. We will provide further bulletins as we make progress toward this goal.
If you have questions contact support staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1) Make sure to install the appropriate drivers for the printer you want to print to.
2) Go to "System Preferences"->"Printers and Scanners"
3) Click on the "+" in the bottom left hand corner of the "Printers and Scanners" window
4) Double click or right click on the toolbar at the top of the windows next to the "Windows" icon.
From the drop down menu click on "Customize Toolbar..."
Drag the "Advanced" cog icon to the toolbar and then click on the "Done" button.
5) Click on the "Advanced" cog icon in the toolbar.
6) Click on the "Type" drop down button and select "Windows printer via spoolss"
7) In the "URL" textbox enter "smb://126.96.36.199/%Printername%"
188.8.131.52 - is the PaperCut server IP address
%Printername% - is the exact printer name for that printer on the papercut server.
Check the RCCPrinters google sheet if your not sure of the printer name.
8) (optional) Change the "Name" of the printer to the room location of the printer and the model of the printer.
9) (optional) Change the "Location" of the printer to the room location of the printer.
10) in the "Use" drop down menu, choose "Select Software..." then choose the printer drivers for that printer you plan on using and click the "Okay" button. (should be downloaded from the printer manufacturer's website)
11) Now click the "Add" button
12) Click the "OK" button.
13) Print out a test document. You will be asked to login. Use your FCAD credentials and the print job will be sent to the printer server under FCAD credentials.
14) Now the print job is waiting release. you can log into the printer from the printer and release the print job manually (login -> touch "release print jobs") or you can go to "print.fcad.ryerson.ca" and login with your FCAD credentials and then click on the "Jobs Pending Release" tab in the left hand column.
Your printer job should show up there.
Just click on "print" or "Release All" and your print job will be released.
Manufacturer's user guide for the SSL console in RCC342
If Skype continually is dropping calls there could be many reasons that are causing this issue.
One workaround for this issue is to change the skype connection to a specific software port on your computer.
*** Please be aware to let the other people trying to connect with you to use the same port number or they won't be able to connect ***
To change the port:
1. Open Skype and sign in
2. Click on "Tools" in the top menu bar
3. from the "Tools" drop down menu click on "options"
4. Then from the options window click on "Advanced" tab in the left hand column
5. Then click on "Connection" under Advanced in the left column:
6. Uncheck the box labeled "Use port 80 and 443 for additional incoming connection" and choose a number greater than 1024 and enter it in the box above.
7. Make sure to give that number to other people trying to connect with you and walk them through changing the port in their settings.
8. Close Skype and restart it and then try to make the call again.
Hopefully that will help connect the calls.
After making the call make sure to go back to those setting and then check the box "Use port 80 and 443 for additional incoming connection" again for general calls in the future.